Pentecost 2016—Let Your Light Shine
Missionaries around the world are truly embodying the command found in Isaiah 60: “Arise, shine” in a place that is often seen as spiritually-dark. This “arise and shine” command prompts
Hailey (read her story here) and each one of us as God’s people to live our lives in a way that is different from that of our world—a world filled with the darkness of sin.
As we prepare for a season of Pentecost, CRWM will be featuring a number of ways that missionaries around the world are shining their lights for Christ through your support for Christian Reformed World Missions—including in the story found below!
Your congregation is allowing Christ’s light to shine around the world through your partnership with World Missions. You can celebrate the ways that your church is helping people know the Light of the World with new materials from CRWM:
- A bulletin insert and cover that features the “Let it Shine” theme
- A children’s bulletin that helps children explore this theme
- A video that features God’s light shining through the CRC around the world
- A litany based on Isaiah 60 and John 8
- A feature article in May 2016’s Banner magazine that highlights three missionaries and people they serve alongside who are living in a variety of “dark” contexts
All of these materials will be uploaded atcrwm.org/Pentecost as they become available. Churches that have indicated interest in using the materials will receive them in April.