DRS Sunday will be held in Springdale CRC at 10 am May 29 2016 All DRS volunteers from years past and present are invited along with anyone interested in the World Renew Disaster Response Services Projects
Wear your green shirts and join us for the service which will include a time of sharing,followed by our coffee social then a barbecue lunch All Classis Toronto Churches have been asked to have a collection for the DRS Truck fund on that Sunday. (If that does not fit into your Church schedule you can still donate by marking your donation re World Renew DRS Toronto Classis Truck fund.)Our challenge is to have each congregation in Toronto Classis raise approximately $1000.00. A truck was written off this winter after an accident in the area of Williamson West Virginia. Thankfully the volunteers were not injured
Your donations will be greatly appreciated by DRS Volunteers For further info contact email@example.com. 705-728-9769
Reminder – Upcoming Event from the Bible League this Thursday – Join us for an inspirational evening of fellowship with a special guest from India – He will speak about Bible League Canada’s ministry in India including the challenges and successes he witnesses while working throughout the country. Along with the guest speaker, there will also be dessert, fellowship and a time of worship led by a gifted Christian musician. Thursday May 26th, 2016 @ 7:00pm – 9:00pm – Covenant Christian Reformed Church – 101 Ardagh Road, Barrie, ON FREE ADMISSION (note: there will be a free-will offering)
Hosted by: Gary Gradley (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Norm Cheng (email@example.com)
- To those who gave birth this year to their first child—we celebrate with you.
- To those who lost a child this year—we mourn with you.
- To those who are in the trenches with little ones every day and wear the badge of food stains—we appreciate you.
- To those who experienced loss through miscarriage, failed adoptions or running away—we mourn with you.
- To those who walk the hard path of infertility, fraught with pokes, prods, tears and disappointment—we walk with you. Forgive us when we say foolish things. We don’t mean to make things harder.
- To those who are foster moms, mentor moms and spiritual moms—we need you.
- To those who have warm and close relationships with your children—we celebrate with you.
- To those who have disappointment, heartache and distance with your children—we sit with you.
- To those who lost their mothers this year—we grieve with you.
- To those who experienced abuse at the hands of your own mother—we acknowledge your experience.
- To those who lived through driving tests, medical tests and the overall testing of motherhood—we are better for having you in our midst.
- To those who have aborted children—we remember them and you on this day.
- To those who are single and long to be married and mothering your own children—we mourn that life has not turned out the way you longed for it to be.
- To those who stepparent—we walk with you on these complex paths.
- To those who envisioned lavishing love on grandchildren, yet that dream is not to be, we grieve with you.
- To those who will have emptier nests in the upcoming year—we grieve and rejoice with you.
- To those who placed children for adoption—we commend you for your selflessness and remember how you hold that child in your heart.
- And to those who are pregnant with new life, both expected and surprising—we anticipate with you.
By Amy Young, Author
Date is May 14th, 2016. Venue is Christ Chapel Barrie, 300 Yonge street, Barrie and the time is 9am to 12pm.
It is a time of prayer, praise and worship. Mothers, grandmothers and even fathers are not excepted, come together to pray for such a time as this. A time that there are lots of godlessness all around, it is a time for us as mothers to wake from our slumber and pray on behalf of our children and government and ask our Father in heaven for mercy.
It is interdenominational, calling all Jesus believing mothers to ARISE AND PRAY.
Pastor Harry is beginning a sermon series “The Disciples Prayer” starting this Sunday, May 8. In conjunction with this series, he has created a survey to gather information regarding prayer.
Please find the form here:
If you would prefer to do the survey manually, copies can be found in the foyer under the bulletin board.
Please note that your responses are anonymous.
Spring Friendship Festival
Saturday, May 14, 2016
ClearView Church, Oakville, Ontario
10:00am. to 2:00pm.
You don’t want to miss our next Friendship Festival on May 14. It’s only five weeks away so sign up now….
We’ll sing and laugh, play games and activities and enjoy spending time together. Come and be surprised!
Our theme for the day will be “A Strong Young Tree…”, based on the words of the Tree Song, by Ken Medema.
The location is ClearView Christian Reformed Church, 2300 Sheridan Garden Drive in Oakville. The activities run from 10:00am until 2:00pm. and lunch is provided. The cost is $10 per person (cash or cheque “Friendship Festival”), to be collected at the door. Everyone is invited to attend – friends, m
entors and volunteers, parents, family members, staff members and the general public.
At our previous festival on October, ten of our friends received free admission to the festival, so if you’re one of these people, please bring your “Free Admission” coupon with you.
TO REGISTER… Send a list of names of everyone attending – friends, volunteers, parents, mentors – to Marlene Nirula at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate if the person attending is a friend, mentor, volunteer, staff member or parent. For more information about the festival, contact Herb Goodhoofd at 905-469-9295.d at
DIRECTIONS TO THE CHURCH... The church is located at 2300 Sheridan Garden Drive, southeast of the QEW in east Oakville.
From the QEW from Toronto... Take the Ford Drive exit, just past Winston Churchill Blvd. Turn left (south) on Ford Drive. Go one kilometre south to the church, on the corner of Ford Drive and Sheridan Garden Drive.
From the QEW from Hamilton... Go one exit past Trafalgar Road on the QEW and take the Ford Drive exit. Turn right (south) on Ford Drive and go one kilometre to the corner of Ford Drive and Sheridan Garden Drive. The church is on the southeast corner.
Please forward this email to others who might enjoy this event.
We look forward to seeing everyone in Oakville on May 14!
Wednesday – catechism season is over
Thursday – Ascension Day Service at Barrie 1St CRC at 7:00 PM
Friday – 30 Hour Famine at the Church for YPS Group
Saturday – Church Clean Up begins at the church at 8:30 AM – bring some yard tools and cleaning supplies and your willingness to work!